06 July 2006

Disclaimer

I know nothing (gnow knothing?) about the web other than how to surf it. I'm thinking I might have to invest in HTML for dummies or something if I ever want to try and post links or pictures or whatever else my little head decides would be cool to have. I made a flickr badge to put up, but can't figure out for the life of me where to insert to code. And links? Yikes. There are so many great blogs I (and gazillions of others) read on a regular basis and would love to give props to. Because I'm so cool, right? Me and my little blog that has been found by 2.5 people. Anyway, I should also point out that I'm far from being a great speller, or even a so-so one, so if spell check misses it, chances are I'll miss it, too. I am, however, a fairly good editor, as I do some of that at work, but I edit things written by technical writers and engineers and the grammar errors tend to jump out at you. It's like they think they can create some sort of ambush and get away with passive voice or mismatched tenses, but my red pen manages to find them almost every single time. That does not mean I'll catch all grammar errors here, as I work better the old fashioned way with pen and paper. A quill actually, with a little bottle of ink and a blotter pad here in my cubicle, right next to my stack of blank parchment. Kidding. Sometimes, I think I'm the only person on the planet who knows what "STET" means and hates with the passion of a thousand suns the "track changes" feature in Microsoft word.

No comments: