26 July 2006

My brother the arse

Tim became a 2nd Lt. this past memorial day weekend when he graduated from the top engineering school in the nation and ROTC and was commissioned. He's a cool kid, but is going through a bit of an asshole stage (the stories I could tell). He's wicked smart (an aerospace engineer) and after this summer's stint in Alabama for Boot Camp Part II, he's being stationed in California for 2 years where he'll work in an Air Force jet design lab, and if that goes well, they'll send him off to get his masters degree on my taxpayers dime. People ask me if I'm worried he'll be sent to Iraq. Nope, not worried one bit. The Air Force spent too much money educating him (he was on a 96% scholarship) to waste his brain power on anything but working with their top engineers. We didn't have money for a graduation gift, but since he bought a house out in California, we told him once he moves in there we'll get him a kick-ass house warming gift (a.k.a. a home depot gift card) instead. He has noooooooooooo idea what home ownership entails. He thought he could get away with using a dorm fridge since the house doesn't come with a fridge. Um, no. In the meantime, I promised him cookies while in Alabama.

Being that Earth has changed places with Mars this summer, I finally got around to making those cookies this past weekend. It was rainy and I wasn't at risk for heating the whole house up even more by turning on the oven. After the cookies are spooned out onto the cookie sheets, my mom calls, I tell her what I'm doing, and she informs me that Boot Camp Part II ends this week and Tim is driving to California by way of Indiana, to see his girlfriend* so now I'm left with 3 dozen cookies to tempt me. So I did what any good girl would do when chocolate chip cookies are calling her name from their ziploc-ed lair in the freezer: I brought them to work. Sure, I may eat a few myself during the day, but if they were still at home this afternoon, when Jim is going on his interview, I swear to you they'd be gone by the time he got back. I tend to eat my bodyweight in chocolate when I'm stressed and I know that this will be one of those afternoons. I'm already sweating thinking about this interview and this job, hoping and praying that it works out. Oh my gosh, you have no idea how much I'm hoping this all comes together. I'm salivating at the thought of getting to stay home with my baby. I think I may have a little orgasm the second I find out he's employed. Seriously, I think the anticipation of knowing that a job might be right around the corner is even greater than the anticipation of sex for the first time. I'm tempted to get some champagne in case we need to celebrate tonight, but I don't want to jinx it. Maybe I'll just get one of those tiny bottles, just in case...


*We all blame her for much of his behavior of late as she's totally one of those controlling, manipulative girls I hated when I was in college who has to have a boyfriend at all times to feed her grapes and fan her with palm fronds. I'm also the only one who knows he'd been living with her since January, which would pretty much kill my mom if she found out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»