01 July 2006

Time flies

My daughter has gotten rather vocal of late. She's only 5 months old, so it's not like she's quoting Proust or anything. She just babbles. On and on and on and on. Currently she's talking to me from her bouncy seat and is yammering away having quite the conversation with the bubbles and whoozits and trinkets that dangle from it.

It's the best sound in the world.

So good, it's made me abandon my cleaning and organizing and bill paying. Now I'm going to sit down and have a good chat with her, maybe practice my "I'm sorry honey, I know it hurts, but maybe another boy will ask you to the junior prom" speech. The shackles of adult hood can wait.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Maybe you should practice the birds and the bees conversation. It's never too young to start :) and this way she won't get embarrassed, neither will you and she'll never remember.

Katie said...

hahahaha...funnily enough, that talk doesn't scare me at all. it's all the other gooshy talking about cute boys and kissing and stuff i was never able to even broach with my mom that gets me nervous, mostly afraid that i'm going to try too hard and that she'll reject my attempts and think i'm wierd. but we have a few years still for that :)