24 August 2006

It's official...sort of

My request to work part time from home has been approved. At least for now, and at least till the end of the contract, which is in 6 weeks. And I still haven't meshed out the details with my contractor, so there's always that. Not that I expect that to be an issue, I just don't know exactly who I'm supposed to talk to and about what. And I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to let it be known that I now work part time from home. What I do know is that I am on task for 20 hours a week. I also know that it will be a rare week that I have 20 hours worth of work to do. I figure as long as I'm getting everything done that is asked of me (same as when I was working 40 hours a week, and spending at least half of that surfing the internet from my cube...) then we're golden.

So I guess there is a moral to our summer time drama: Sometimes God needs things to be just so for His will to take effect, and while waiting for His perfect timing, you sometimes have to put up with a lot of shit in the meantime. I'm hoping that's what the moral of our story is, because if the bottom falls out again, I don't know what I'll do. Probably just drown my sorrows in more chocolate ice cream, but we all know that that's not getting me anywhere.

No comments: