16 October 2006

Realization

I was thinking, and it hit me: Working/being at home all day is kind of like college. I can wear the same pair of jeans for a week straight and no one is the wiser, which I haven't done since senior year when I had this great pair of dark wash boot cut jeans that made my ass look fantastic. Alas, I think they were a size 6, which I doubt will ever happen again. I just wish I could fit in my fat jeans right now. My post-pregnancy jeans are too long and I'm tired of cuffing them.

But with all these 80's fashion flashbacks (skinny jeans, ankle booties, and leggings - oh my!) going on, I'm just waiting for pegged jeans to come back so I can submit my photos from 8th grade to Vogue for proof of how the style really should be worn. It's just a matter of time, really. Same goes for acid wash. If you see that on the catwalk, note that I predicted it here first!! Then acid wash the idiot who thought it would be hip and trendy to bring it back. The current trends are some that I will NEVER be able to wear thanks to the psychological damage of junior high. Not to mention how dorky my childbearing hips would look in a pair of skinny jeans. No one should ever have to see that.

No comments: