09 May 2007

15 months

Today you turned 15 months old my little munckin. And it was a long day, one of those where your schedule and my needs do not match up and we both end up cranky and tired and overwhelmed. I don't have much to say right now, as I'm feeling so down lately. I'm exhausted all the time and not finding the patience I need to wait for my damn test results from the doctor. I know something is wrong with my body, and I don't know what I'm going to do if the results come back saying everything is technically fine.

But this isn't about me, it's about you. Turning into a toddler before my eyes. Your sense of humor is getting more sophisticated every day, so much so that you leave me in tears of laughter more and more. Like today, we came home from the YMCA where I had had a good workout on the eliptical. As you were eating lunch, I bent over to pick up something off the kitchen floor. Having just worked out, my innards were rather loosened, shall we say, and a small bit of gas escaped from my colon. OK, I farted. But the funny part is the way you looked at me, stuck out your tongue and rassberried, and then cracked up like this was the funniest joke in the world. In a way, it was. You are a sweet little girl, who shows your excitment for strawberries, friends, daddy, all the neighborhood dogs we now know because you shriek with delight and start chasing after them when they are still 4 houses away on their evening constitutionals. You've learned where your body parts are, but you still don't call me mommy, or mama, or even just mmmmmmm. Occasionally you call me daddeeee, which I think you do just to piss me off sometimes. I love you so much, Natalie. You are my sweetie.

No comments: