01 May 2007

I will survive

Got a shit load of blood taken today...gotta see why at the ripe old age of 29 I'm having hot flashes. Fingers crossed that I don't have premature ovarian failure (POF), which is code for early onset menopause (sort of). I have all the symptoms of POF, and frankly, I don't care if that's what the bloodwork comes back to confirm. I just want to know why I feel so crappy most of the time. Drowning my sorrows in chocolate ice cream certainly isn't helping in the long run, but sadly it feels so good in the short term.

We survived a trip north to see the grandparents and great-grandparents. Natalie was a trooper, and missed almost all her naps, and was still in top form. My grandparents are SO OLD, it's sad, and as horrible as it sounds, I hope they go on to God soon, because they aren't living here anymore. Well, they're living if you define "living" as "sitting around, watching TV, not making it to the bathroom on time, napping, complaining, and generally acting like spoiled 4 year olds." They live in this great retirement community with lots of vibrant seniors who go to museums or movie night or enjoy the pool and gardens at their residence. Nope, not grandma and papa. It's really sad, seeing two people turn into shells of the people I remember growing up, who had crazy stories from their days in Brooklyn and all their travels when they retired.

Anyway, Natalie was a crankpot tonight when it came to going to bed, so I'm praying she's not getting sick again. I don't know if I could handle that nightmare again, and only a week later.

No comments: