22 June 2007

Perfect

It was in the 70's today, no humidity, nice breeze. We had playgroup at our house so there were babies in bathing suits or birthday suits trolling the yard for treasures, splashing in the paddling pool, eating ice cream, and drawing all over the patio with chalk. Mamma's got to chat and visit and talk to other grownups during the day for a change. Everyone got a little sunkissed, but no burns thanks to loads of sunscreen. Then Natalie and I took a very peaceful afternoon nap together. Now she's off at the groccery with daddy. Does it get better than this? I don't think so.

2 comments:

Mac's niece said...

Hi Katie. So glad to hear things are looking brighter for you. Sounds like a great day you had.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I agree, textiles can be so addictive. Just having them and taking them old to look, the refolding them and squirelling them away is a pleasure isn't it. A friend once told me that yarns never look so good as they do all pristine in their on worked hanks, and so she never felt guilt at acquiring another one. They were a thing worth collecting in their own right. I admire but can't quite manage to adopt that sentiment - I have to at least TRY to do something with the materials I collect. I'm on a mission to get to the bottom of my stash so that I can start collecting anew!

Katie said...

I'm the same way! I feel like I have to work my way through my stash so I can start collecting more.