19 July 2007

The end is near?

It hit me that tomorrow will be my half birthday. That means 6 months till I hit the big 3-0. I'm starting to have mixed feelings. I'm the youngest of most of my friends, so I'm one of the last to turn 30. While I'm tired of being teased for being the "baby" of the group, I figure that sounds like a good excuse to rub it in and have a big bash and all. I am looking forward to being a thirtysomething, as I hear good things about being in your 30s. But part of me feels like I haven't taken advantage of my 20s as much as I could have/would have liked to. So here's a list of 30 things I want to do before 20 January 2008 (in no particular order):

  1. get Natalie's name added to the little tattoo on my back
  2. do more things with other moms
  3. while losing 50lbs would rock, that may be a bit ambitious for 6 months time - 25lbs sounds a bit more reasonable
  4. actually fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes instead of feeling like s tuffed sausage in them
  5. look fabulous at my 30th birthday party
  6. look fabulous at Kim's wedding
  7. get a good haircut and keep it up
  8. get some funky highlights in my hair
  9. get snookered like I'm still in college at least once, preferably with the girls for Kim's bachelorette party
  10. potty train Natalie (she'll turn 2 a a few weeks after I turn 30, so how cool would that be?)
  11. stop eating sugar once and for all
  12. get my makeup done and actually purchase beauty and pampering products (shocker, yes, I've never had a professional tell me what and how to wear makeup - explains why I don't wear any almost ever).
  13. take time to pamper myself, even if it's just a monthly manicure
  14. give up diet coke with lime
  15. start my shop at etsy.com
  16. redcorate our bedroom
  17. paint the kitchen
  18. save enough money to get the kitchen cabinets and counters replaces
  19. replace my car with one that is not 14 years old
  20. deal with my depression better
  21. read more books
  22. organize my office and shread things that don't need to be kept
  23. finish sewing project with my cousin in Oregon
  24. get a mother's helper who can come once a week or so after school so I don't have to start taking that other mother's little helper in order to stay sane
  25. cook more
  26. define what is garden and what is grass in the back yard
  27. reclaim more of the over growth for grass
  28. rent a dumpster and empty out the shed, which came with the house and 50 years of crap in it
  29. cut down the bamboo in the far reaches of the yard and use it to cover the rusty old grape arbor
  30. save enough to fly Jim's family (3 adults, 3 kids) here for Christmas so I don't have to get on a friggin plane with a toddler (I've been dreading this since she was born).

No comments: