31 August 2007

Shocking!

My brother called! He's slowly coming back to the family after cutting us all off last summer for ruining his life. You know, because mom and dad "made" him go to church and "made" him swim (forget the fact that he was good enough to make states and had a few college coaches eyeing him for their teams). Turns out he's having his new neighbors over for dinner and needed some ideas on what to cook, so he called me. I'm almost as shocked by his phone call as I am by the fact that he actually has a set of matching dishes, AND that he has the fortitude to invite people over for DINNER. Not beer and a football game, or pizza, but dinner, at a table, with a couple of married people. What is this world coming to?! I'm starting to think maybe hell hath frozen over...

No comments: