22 October 2007

Meds

So it's been almost two weeks of the new meds. Not sure what to think yet. Yes, they can take up to 6 weeks to reach full potential and yes, I'm still on the old stuff which gives me hot flashes and makes me not give a shit about things. (Natalie just appeared at the office door with a pair of pants from her hamper on her head like a hat - this is apparently the height of refined humor in the toddler world) I'm trying not to think too hard about things, like "am I really feeling better or is it only the yummy dinner I just ate?" but I really really really want this to work. If anything, I feel more emotional. Usually that would be a bad thing, but since I couldn't muster the strength to feel anything but exhaustion previously, the fact that I start to tear up at sappy commercials about baby lotion or soup could be a sign we're going in the right direction.

I've got a pounding headache right now, second day in a row. It's warm out and the mosquitos are buzzing furiously, so we had to ixnay the andboxsay this afternoon because Natalie is a mossie magnet. Which leaves me over an hour till dinner and longer till Jim gets home in which to figure out something to do. I paid bills barely this month, so shopping is definately out right now. Blech. Maybe it will just have to be a PBS afternoon.

No comments: