08 October 2007

Up to something

It hit me that this past weekend, Jim was really nice. He not only emptied the dishwasher on friday night, but filled it without one complaint about how I put dishes in the sink instead of in the dishwasher throughout the day. He also emptied all the trashcans, INCLUDING THE DIAPER PAIL, which he always seems to forget exists on trash day. Then he wanted a little nookie, but it was late and I was tired, so he TOOK THE TIME to get me in the mood with a really nice back massage! Saturday? He got my car radio fixed (it's been busted for a month), took it through the car wash, and then vacuumed out all the cheerios and crumbs. Then he took Natalie and did a huge groccery shop. Now he did buy a bunch of crap food (see below post and note on sunday), but he hasn't done a groccery shop for more than three items in ages. Today, he finally priced out with different HVAC guys how much it would cost to get our unit cleaned (original estimate: $700 current estimate: <$400) and he scheduled someone to come THIS AFTERNOON. IN A HEAT WAVE. So, should I be suspicious or just live it up?

1 comment:

Jen said...

did someone in his life kick him in the ass? Or did he read something? Whatever it is, I'm so happy for you! It's so nice when partners do wonderful things.

I would just say thank you, let him know you appreciate what he's doing, and respond in kind. Hopefully it will last! I'm crossing my fingers for you!