22 January 2008

I don't mean to come off like a complaining diva...

You know how sometimes you are going, going, going, anxious and hyped and full of anticipation for an event, news, a certain date, whatever, and then that moment in time comes and goes and then you just crash? That's where I am. I feel like I'm in the deepest funk of recent weeks (months?), and can't get my shit together enough to do anything but hide out in the office pretending to read the post online. I had lofty goals for the evening, making a really nice dinner for Jim and I, but instead the chicken sits cooked, but completely cooled on the stove and nothing else for the meal has been done. Natalie is running like a crazy person which means she's over tired, but it's still a little early to put her to bed, unless we want her up at 5am. Probably doesn't help that we have a leak in one of our pipes - good news is that we can see it as it's in the ceiling of our laundry room - bad news is Jim decided that in order to remedy the situation for the night we should turn the water competely off. No flushing toilets, no bath for the babe, no turning on the dishwasher which is on the verge of overflowing with dirty dishes. It also means tomorrow I'm going to be stuck home with cabin fever waiting for the plumber to come and repair the leak. You know, sitting around because they'll be here between 11:00 and 1:00. Which of course means they won't arrive till 2:30.

Sometimes I feel like I can't get a break. Just when the hecticness of the holidays was over and I was settling into the new year, we have Thyroid Scare 2008. Now that that's over, we have a plumbing disaster to contend with. I don't have the money in our account to write them a check tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they take credit cards. And toes crossed that the gutter guys don't come this week to replace our gutters since I can't pay two repair men this month.

No comments: