13 May 2008

That kind of day

I almost burned out the motor on my Kitchen Aid mixer. The pretty cobalt blue one my mom got me as a wedding present. Didn't know you could do that. Maybe because I've never left it kneading bread dough while I gave a toddler a bath. A toddler who managed to spend 2 hours round trip in a car to go see friends in West Virginia, play hard with said friends, and never nap, not even after we got home in the middle of the afternoon. Cranky baby = exhausted mamma who forgets she left the mixer on. Had to stick in to the stoop for the motor to cool off and not stink up the house.

We did have fun in West Virginia, we miss our friends, and it's fun to double up, stick two toddlers in the back of a car together (a novel thing for those who are still only children), and head out there. Hard to believe it's only an hour each way; it feels like you are in a whole 'nother country. Tomorrow we go see Owne and his new baby brother Ty - the bread I'm in the proccess of making will be a nice hearty loaf of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread for Ty's mamma, Alice. Who is French. And refers to her boys as boob-ticks. Oh, the woes of having agressive nursers and plenty of supply.

Tomorrow is another busy day, just a little closer to home. And Natalie is already asleep. I got fed up and just threw her in the bath where she played for almost 45 minutes. Pruny and shivering, we got into fuzzy jammies, read stories, and she is knocked out. Usually we are entertained by her singing and talking and all for close to an hour every night. Doesn't help that Jim and Chris went on a man-date to play pool and drink beer tonight, of all nights this week. So no help at home. Must make the best of it and go vege for a while in my quiet house before they get back. *sigh* At least I get to snuggle a less-than-one-week-old little guy tomorrow. That is definitly something I am looking forward to.
PS - do you know how hard it is to get a toddler to look at you and smile? Especially your own? Geez, I just wanted one sweet head shot - haven't been able to get one in ages. Also, I cut Natalie's hair yesterday and Jim thinks she looks like a boy. I think he's smoking pot if he thinks she looks like a boy.

No comments: