21 June 2008

The end is near

Pnemonia has set in, the doctor doesn't expect grandpa to last a week, my uncle arrived from Florida this morning, grandma had to sign all the hospice paperwork, and the rest of us are on standby, waiting for the call that we need to come up for a funeral. Of course this is the first time Jim has had a business trip - he's going to a conference in Chicago - and won't be back till midnight on Wednesday. I've got babysitting lined up for the week so I can plow through all the work I still have to do and then be done with it and not have to worry about those 1st of July deadlines.

God, just take him peacefully and without pain. He's lived a full life, no need to let things drag on needlessly. We know he's not going to get better, we know he's in your hands.

2 comments:

Mama's Losin' It said...

My prayers are with you and your family. These kinds of things are so hard to go through, even if they are expected.

Jen said...

Your prayer is spot on. I'm adding it to mine so that it comes through twice as loud and clear. Hugs.