16 June 2008

Monday's still suck even when you don't have to go to the office

To start, we are under water restrictions thanks to TWO water main breaks in the county last night. One a few miles from our house. While we haven't noticed a difference in water pressure, we're supposed to be boiling water and no watering lawns, washing clothes, or running the dishwasher. Also, no flushing toilets! Are they serious? I mean, I'm a big fan of "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down" but do they know how often I go? We're just going to have to ignore that one.

Had a rough weekend. Not sure if it was because it was the end of a 4-week nuvaring cycle (I always feel off that last week), a Natalie who was torterously cranky most of the weekend, or the blues were just having me in a funk, but I was unable to really get anything done, save a load of laundry and some cleaning in the basement since our new tenant is current in process of moving in as of yesterday. I've still got shitloads of work to do, and my babysitters don't come till thursday and friday this week (although it looks like one is going to be able to commit to one day a week for me). Going to see if my neighbor can take Natalie for an hour or two this morning so I can get something done. Also because we're supposed to get more nasty storms this afternoon, and if there is no power this evening, I'll just get even more behind on my work.

Depression really sucks. I don't know what it is, a combination of things I'm sure, but I hate all the drugs I'm on, but I can't imagine where I'd be without them, and then I start thinking I need more. I'll be off the phentermine soon, but I want to add glucophage to my repetoir as I know it will help with my insulin resistance/PCOS weight loss issues (reminds me I still need to go check out my friend's acupuncturist). I start thinking I need more cymbalta on weekends like this, when I can't even motivate myself to finish a sewing project or six. Thankfully my thyroid meds are working great. We've hit on a combination that is near-perfect. Wrap this all in the fact that I'm sleeping horribly and you can see why I'm kind of on the verge of being a complete train wreck. I can fall asleep fine, but by 5-5:30am, I'm up. I'll toss and turn in bed, maybe doze off some, but usually I get up and go lay on the couch with the news on low in the background for noise. That way my tossing and turning doesn't bother Jim who is a complete crank when he doesn't get enough sleep (somehow my restlessness gets blamed, not the fact that he stays up too late).

Anyway, I need to take advantage of sesame street time and send a few work emails I never got to on friday. Thank God for those people at PBS. It's my one hour of sanity a day.

No comments: