21 July 2008

Longing

I am dreaming of sock weather. Firstly, my poor feet are getting so beat up and dry and calloused by wearing sandals all day everyday. Second, when it's cool enough to wear socks, it's not going to be so hot as to keep us inside every afternoon. Not to mention that socks make me happy, I have a whole drawer full of argyles and stripes and florals and woolly ones that Jim makes fun of. He has no sense of creativity, he just has brown, black, and white in his sock drawer. I can't even get him to wear a classic neutral argyle. In my opinion, he's the wierdo, not me. Mmm...it's been scorching lately, and the thought of wearing jeans, a t-shirt, socks, and shoes seems dreamy. In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep praying for some serious thunderstorms to come through and cool everything off. Almost got one last night, but damn it, it disipated by the time it reached us and we just got a little drizzle.

No comments: