28 April 2009

Day 2

Forgive me sisters for I have sinned: I had a bite of rice crispie treat at playgroup today. Then I decided to treat myself to a decaf iced coffee so as not to dwell on my error, went home, and ate a pile of chicken salad. Considering there were biscits, donuts, and croissants on top of the rice crispie treats, and the fact that I ate about 4 eggs with spinach and feta with some ham instead and ignored everything else, not too shabby. Still, I shouldn't have had that bite but I'll get over it. It's the only sucrose I've had since sunday. Fructose - minimal, lactose - some.

It's expensive being on a "diet." Not that fresh veggies are all that pricey, it's that I like to top things off with goat cheese and steak. I've been craving red meat lately like nobody's business, I wonder if it's hormonal/menstrual/blood/iron related. Tonight - london broil and spinach salad. Yum. Who needs rice crispie treats when you can have a side of cow for dinner?!

No comments: