19 April 2009

Even crazier still...

As if getting my period in 29 days wasn't the nuttiest thing to happen to me in a while, the fact that my period WENT AWAY in 5 days ALL BY ITSELF is equally shocking. I'm completely gobsmacked by this new event in my life, and what's totally wacky, is the fact that I have felt GOOD this week. I can't tell you the last time I could say that. Sure, there were moments when I wanted to hang my toddler out the window by her toenails (or her father for that matter), but over all, I felt GOOD.

For someone who's been dealing with depression now for 3ish years, having a week like this is a little un-nerving. Like somethings wrong and everything is going to go back to the normal you've been struggling to accept for some time. But I hope not. I feel optimistic, something I only barely want to admit because it feels so wrong. It's truly unbelieveable. I had to refrain from updating my facebook profile but decided those classmates I haven't spoken to since high school graduation didn't need to know the gory details. I did share the good news with my girl friends at brunch on saturday, so to the tables that were sitting around us, I'm sorry you had to hear about a strange woman's menstrual cycles. But then again, you also had to hear about poop and vomit, so it all depends on what you feel is worse brunch conversation. Throw in the breastfeeding that was going on and the hysterical laughter we were engaging in and I'm sure we pissed off at least one person in the restaurant. Who fucking cares. It was awesome, and I feel good. The rest of the world can just deal.

2 comments:

HeatherB said...

Katie,

Glad to hear your feeling so much better! That's great! I will continue to pray that it keeps up for you!

Katie said...

thanks heather!!

hey...you on facebook? katia friended me last week...i should look and see if you're on her list...